GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
General Submission Guidelines relate to all matters of submission of literary works and pitches other than those which are commissioned or curated.
EKL Review is currently accepting general submissions of original and unpublished poetry and prose (fiction, essays and book reviews) for its sixth issue to be published in April 2022. Our reading period is from February 1, 2022, to February 28, 2022.
Please read the following carefully before you submit:
- Poetry: 1-2 poems max, not more than 30 lines each.
- Fiction: 1 short story per reading period, not more than 700 words.
- Non-fiction: 1 essay/ book review, not more than 700 words.
- For any work of more than 700 words first send a pitch to email@example.com with the subject line: Pitch – Your Name.
Please format your pieces in the Times New Roman 12 size font, left aligned in MS Word (.doc/ .docx). Email us your work as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with CC to email@example.com. The subject of the email and the name of the attachment should contain the genre and your name. For instance: “Poetry – William Shakespeare.”Also answer any one of the following questions in your email:
- What is the full form of EKL in EKL Review?
- How do you relate the Prospectors of EKL Review with Leszek Kolakowski’s philosophy?
- Who wrote the book Against the Grain first published in 1986?
Our focus is the avant-garde, so give us your experimental best, your surreal dreams, your ethereal and haunted visions. Cook us a gourmet meal rather than serving us bland fare. Imagine against the grain and create a work that is interventionist in nature in the field of literary creation.
EKL Review is a non-paying journal, but we promise to bring out the Literary Creator in you, having published some of the topmost names in each literary genre in our first two issues. So read the previous issues including the editorials before submitting your work.
We look forward to reading your work!
The submissions open as follows:
February for April issue.
June for August issue.
October for December issue.